Teacher Pages and Canvas Design
I found a page by a pre K teacher that includes a lot of helpful information such as a calendar for school events and an email parents can contact her with. She also made her page very colorful without being overwhelming and the information provided is organized. additionally, parents can find additional learning resources on her page for if their students are struggling with work at home, which i hadn't thought of before but makes a lot of sense. here is the page: https://mwe.haskellps.org/index.php?pageID=264650_4
I think as a teacher canvas will be the main form of technology I use for communication with parents and students. I know you can embed things like Canva pages or word documents and so I will likely create calendars on canvas that parents can access. I hesitate to use other sites as it may be harder for administration to find and I want to avoid any potential problems or confusions.
As for the canvas group tool, I found it a bit difficult to figure out at first but after that it became a bit easier. I think it would be easier to put information on a word document then make that document the class home page, as I found organizing/decorating on word easier than canvas. But collaboration was easy, as each of the group members could work on one page at a time, so dividing work was easy. Overall I found working on canvas to be a bit of a trial and error process.
Comments
Post a Comment