Twitter and the Digital Divide
I think twitter can be helpful if you have a specific question about teaching that is unlikely to already be on the internet. Since I'm not a teacher yet it hasn't been very helpful, and I prefer to ask questions I have about teaching to either google or my parents. i did find a chat about books for school that i thought looked cool though. I think in the future (like when i become a teacher) I will use my peers and administration instead of twitter to seek help.
The digital divide is the difference in the technology skills of students. This is normaly based on socioeconomic status, as lower income families may not have as much exposure to using computers, so those children may appear to lack skills that children with computers at home have developed. As a teacher, this can be combated by doing step by step tutorial on how to complete assignments or making alternative, on paper assignments for kids without internet access at home.
When I was in grade school, I always liked the program IXL to assist in studying, and I would like to use it as a teacher. I find it a good resource to help with memorization of math and english concepts. i also like kahn academy for learning times tables. It is a little repetitive but is helpful for times tables.
Comments
Post a Comment