Web Design, Diigo, and Teacher Development
I liked the web design assignment. I feel that parents now have more experience with social media and a website may be a more relatable way to give out information. It also allowed for me to customize the way it was organized. I gave it a darker theme with white lettering because i find it easier for my eyes to look at screens that aren't stark white. I also liked the ability to create a space themed site because I think it gave it some visual appeal. https://stones3rdgrade.weebly.com/
I think Diigo could be useful in a classroom because you can add notes when students have to read an online article to help direct them. It can also help students keep their notes in one place so they don't have to worry about loosing their papers. For team members, it can be used to share helpful sites and ensure all students in different classes have access to the same resources.
I found this site that talks about new ways teachers are using technology to reach students. It talks about some of the things mentioned in the lab like VR, but it also mentions social media being used as a tool and turning learning into a game to heighten engagement. It also talks about using Ai to improve learning environments, which I found interesting because most mentions about AI and school that I have heard about have been discussing ways it is being used to cheat, so I think its cool that some teachers are taking advantage of the technology instead of trying to remove it. https://www.hurix.com/trends-in-education-technology-that-will-have-a-major-impact/
Your website design is fantastic! I love the darker theme and the contrast of the light words. It was really easy on the eyes to read. The theme was wonderful and I loved the repetition. Overall, you did a great job at following the CRAP design principles and I really enjoyed looking through your website.
ReplyDeleteI loved the consistency that you provided in your Website! It was easy to follow along and read as the words contrasted nicely against the background. Having this consistency holds up with the CRAP principles and provides readers an elegant site to peruse.
ReplyDelete