Class Experience, OER, and PowerPoint

    I feel like I learned a lot in EME 2040. I am much more comfortable with PowerPoint than I was before, and I am very exited about the ability to make interactable games like jeopardy with it. I also feel like I can apply what I've learned about blogs and website creation to better communicate with parents. I may also use Canva and Word to create fliers/posters for my classroom.

    I used OER to search for a life science worksheet for lower primary school. I found this one that has kids learn about pollinators, both what they do in general and what types of pollinators are in their area. i think it is a good way to both let kids learn about the environment around them and improve their internet searching skills (as they search up what pollinators are in their area).

(https://www.earthday.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Earth-Day-Pollinator-Garden-Planning-Worksheet.pdf)

    as for assignment 4, I think it is a great resource to be able to record a video of you presenting they slides, as you can post the PowerPoint video to canvas or your website to allow kids to go over material at home and have it explained again. Kids often do not have the attention span to sit and read a PowerPoint, but making it more like a video can help them focus. I also experimented with using the designer slide function to help format and decorate my presentation. I think if I where to do it again I might add in little slides for a "brain break", letting the kids get up and stretch. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Digital Native"

Personal Learning Network

Diigo, Blogging, and Web 2.0