PowerPoint interaction and classmates blogs
I really liked assignment 5. The possibilities for games and learning with an interactive PowerPoints are (in my opinion) much better than just a straight PowerPoint. Kids learn better when material is presented in multiple ways, and one of the ways I like to present things is as a game so that they are both having fun and learning. plus, with games like jeopardy, kids can work on teamwork skills to work through problems. Plus, making your own learning game instead of using a site like Quizlet or Kahoot allows for greater customization.
Sydney's blog post 7 talked about the teacher websites at the elementary school she went to and how they are set up differently. i think that sometimes teachers may set up websites for different reasons (giving assignments, communication with parents, providing review resources, etc...). Grace mentioned in blog post 5 that she learned that after the covid age, teachers are having increasing problems with student absences, which is something my parents (who are both teachers) talk about quite a bit.
As for technology related skills I would still like to learn, i may experiment with building canvas pages in the future, especially if my future school requires teachers to have a canvas page for students to find assignments on. I may also look at some more of PowerPoints features (although i already know a lot more than I did coming into this course). I am also interested in designs that i can do in word docs.
Comments
Post a Comment